Looking for a fab new training manager at Aspens
We’re seeking a Training Manager for our growing team. The Training Manager will report to the Head of HR and lead the Learning & Development team, acting as line manager to two permanent staff in the delivery of learning, development and training across the organisation.
- Working with the Head of HR and key stakeholders across the organisation towards the design and delivery of a holistic and fit-for-purpose Learning and Development plan for all staff and volunteers.
- Work with colleagues within the HR and Quality & Compliance Departments to identify compliance requirements in the area of training, learning and development for staff, ensuring that the company meets its regulatory and legal obligations in relation to the skills, knowledge, certification or qualifications for staff in varying roles.
- Work with managers across the organisation to support talent management, development and succession planning and provide essential induction processes for new staff or volunteers joining Aspens.
- Source suitable training to meet the development needs of employees both internally and externally as required.
- To lead and manage the day to day activities, supervision and personal development of the training team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and return on investment and report to the relevant parties.
- Working with the Recruitment and HR Teams, manage the induction training process for all new starters.
- Ensure all employees maintain up to date statutory and mandatory training as defined by the CQC, OFSTED, other industry standards.
- To lead on career development programme’s for all staff including ESOL, functional skills, apprenticeships, QCF programmes relevant development programme’s.
- To continuously review training content and materials through evaluation, observation and to develop and produce updates and training and support staff to maintain their accreditation’s.
- To liaise with the Quality and Compliance department to support the company with relevant legislative, national guidelines and regulatory requirements through education and training and by contributing to the review and writing of related policies and procedures.
- To facilitate and oversee work experience placements, student placements, internships etc. and ensure staff are supported to mentor students in line with industry requirements.
- Support the effective recruitment of staff by participating in assessment days and interviews.
To be successful for this role you would need to hold the following skills:
- Educated to A-Level/Level 3 or equivalent with strong results in English and Maths essential
- Evidence of recent CPD essential
- Level 3 or above (or equivalent) training or teaching qualification desirable
- Mentor/assessor qualification would be highly desirable.
- CIPD membership (or equivalent) desirable
- At least 3 additional years’ experience in a L&D delivery role
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar L&D or training management role essential, preferably in a care environment.
- Experience of supporting CQC & OFSTED inspections.
- Experience of training, coaching and mentoring staff and supporting apprenticeships and working to support or lead in Investors In People accreditation.
- Experience of contributing to policy and procedure writing and of producing complex reports
- Strong IT skills in commonly used business software applications
- Strong negotiating, mediation and influencing skills
- Excellent teaching and presenting skills using a variety of media in varying settings
This is a full-time role, 40 hours a week with flexibility required, and travel will be required to other sites within the Sussex and Kent area.
The salary for this role is £45,000.00
For more information please contact Jo at Personnel Placements on 01722 334433 or apply with your CV and cover letter which will include why you feel you would be suitable for this role.